One of my all time favourite soups! A bowl of this and some toast and I am most happy! :D he he One of the things I love about winter.. soup soup SOUP! ;P
(Source: recipe card promoting Glad Tuckaway Foil Trays.)
1 tbsp oil
1 med onion, diced
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup milk
½ tsp ground nutmeg
pinch of ground cardamom
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sour cream and chives to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep pot and fry onions until soft.
- Peel and seed pumpkin and peel potato and cut both pieces. Add onion along with the nutmeg and cardamom. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. (personally I just use a masher; not fussed with the texture of this soup unless I am serving this to guests.)
- Return to pot. Add milk and heat but do not boil.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped chives and ground pepper.