I am most grateful for making this!!! One of the yummiest meals I've ever made!!! I want more!! (so did the rest of the owl folk! :P)
Leek & Noodle Frittata (Source: Coles Great Meal Ideas recipe card)
Prepare Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 25 mins
2 tsp of Canola oil (or whatever oil you prefer to use)
1 leek, finely chopped
2 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
1 packet of 2 minute noodles
2 cups boiling water
1 chicken stock cube
440g can Golden Circle* Crunchy cuts (beans, corn, capsicum), drained. ( It doesn't have to be in a can or this brand. I didn't have many vegetables in the fridge, so I just used 1 can of sweet corn kernels instead.)
1/3 cup of shredded cheese ( I used cheddar cheese instead)
¼ cup of chopped parsley
- Heat oil in 30cm round non-stick frying pan. Add leek and bacon, cook, stirring occasionally over high heat until leek is softened.
- Meanwhile combine noodles and water in medium heatproof bowl. Stand 2 minutes, add stock cube, mix well; drain noodles.
- Add noodles and corn to the same frying pan; mix well. Preheat the grill.
- Combine eggs, cheese and parsley in a small bowl or jug, pour into pan. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes. Frittata will be still soft on top.
- Place frittata under the hot grill, grill for 5 minutes or until set. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before running a spatula around pan and turning onto a board. Cut into wedges to serve.
This is a great family dish! Healthy and so scrumptious!!